Online-Application for exchange students for Summersemester 2018 will start mid-November 2017
All exchange students have to apply online at JGU - a "nomination" is not sufficient.
The online application is valid for ALL exchange-students (Bachelor, Master, PhD). To apply, you have to create an account with the online portal JOGU-StINe, the "Study Information Network of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz". You find some useful help for the online application in the right hand column.
If you have technical problems with the online application, please contact:
The deadline for ALL exchange applications is:
- winter term: July 15
- summer term: January 15.
To receive an official letter of acceptance of JGU you need to apply online:
- Create an account at the online platform JOGUStINE
- Receive password automatically via e-mail
- Log onto the online application system
- Answer all mandatory questions
- Send the application online
- Print the application document, sign it yourself and get the signature of your home university’s exchange coordinator
If you apply for a program other than ERASMUS, you have to add your Transcript of Records.
- Send the application document including confirmation of application (automatically generated) and one copy of your ID-card via regular post to our office:
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Stabsstelle Zulassung International
Deutschland / Germany
Please send any further application forms directly to the competent offices:
- student dormitory: Service International Students - SIS of the Studierendenwerk Mainz
- German language course: ISSK - Internationales Studien- und Sprachenkolleg (former Fremdsprachenzentrum / Foreign Language Center).
Letter of acceptance
If you fulfill all requirements, your application will usually be accepted.
Once your letter of acceptance (Zulassungsbescheid) has been sent via post to your home address, you can also see the document in JOGU-StINe. This is the official confirmation that you can enrol as exchange student at JGU. In case you want your letter of acceptance to be sent to your home university, please list this address within the online application as “permanent address”.
The letter of acceptance is sent from mid-July to mid-September for the winter term, and from mid-January to mid-March for the summer term respectively.
Important: Without the official letter of acceptance you cannot enrol at our university, so make sure to bring it with you to Germany.
In your letter of acceptance, you will find the exact date when to enrol in person at JGU.
The enrolment can only take place here in Mainz, normally within the InfoDays for exchange students, but never bevor the InfoDays.
If you cannot make the date specified in your letter of acceptance, please send us an e-mail.
Please keep in mind that an admission as exchange student at JGU does not automatically include a room in the students’ dormitories.
Therefore, if you want to rent a room in a students' dormitory, please apply at the Service International Students - SIS of the Studierendenwerk Mainz.