How does the online application work?
The online application guides you step by step through the application process. For each individual step, you will find instructions for the data required. It takes about 10 to 20 minutes to complete the application.
To enable you to complete the application easily, we recommend you have the following documents and information ready at hand:
- Your school leaving certificate or your university entrance qualification certificate
- If you already studied in Germany: your academic record with the information about the semesters you already completed
- If you have already acquired final degree: your diploma
- If you submitted foreign certificate documents, JGU’s Certificate of Recognition
- English or German language certificates
- Information about commitments already performed, such as military service, civilian service, Voluntary Social or Ecological Year. Applicable for German and EU-citizens only
- Information about vocational training or activity
After completing and submitting the online form, you will receive the completed application to print. You must then send this application to JGU by mail (to the address listed on the printout).
The application will only be processed when the online application has been completed, printed, signed and received by the Student Office or International Office with all required documents before the deadline.
It is not possible to make subsequent changes to an online application once it has been submitted.