The following requirements must be met before candidates holding qualifications awarded by foreign universities can be admitted to a doctoral degree program at JGU:
If you are not currently enrolled at Mainz University, there are no deadlines for submission of an application for admission to a doctoral degree program.
The following documents must be submitted to the International Office – Incoming at Mainz University together with your application for admission to a doctoral degree course:
- Certification of Recognition / Validation of Foreign Certificates issued by Mainz University
- Confirmation of acceptance as doctoral candidate by a professor at Mainz University (“Bestätigung über die Annahme als Promovendin / Promovend”)
- Printout of the online application with all necessary documents
The application procedure
- You have to complete an online application for admission as a foreign doctoral candidate and then submit the application printout together with all documents listed above
- You will receive written confirmation (letter of admission or rejection). If you receive a letter of admission, it will inform you as to when and where you can enroll at Mainz University and which documents you will need to present for enrolment.
- You must appear in person to enroll at the indicated time and provide all documents specified in the letter of admission.