The most important facts at a glance:
Standard period of studies:
| 6 semesters
Winter and summer semester
It is recommended that students start their courses in the winter semester.
|Applicants with foreign certificates:||Language of instruction: German
Required language certificate: DSH-2
Required course for the Assessment Test (Feststellungsprüfung):
all University courses possible.
To find out if you are required to take the Assessment Test, check your Certificate of Recognition.
You find information on the application procedure for international students here.
Please keep in mind that you need a certification of recognition for all foreign certificates. The recognition process takes up to six weeks and the certificate must be included in your application.
Winter semester: June 1 - July 15
Summer semester: December 1 - January 15
|Faculty:||Faculty 02: Social Sciences, Media and Sports|
The accreditation of study programmes for Bachelor and Master Degrees constitutes as a precondition for the granting of state approval.
With regard to the area of "Exercise, games, and sport", the teacher training course focuses on topics that provide a theoretical basis for teaching in this field, as well as preparing trainee teachers for teaching in a school environment, conveying basic and advanced exercise skills, and equipping future sports teachers with the necessary teaching skills. They acquire the basic and advanced knowledge, skills and abilities in the subject, as well as the motor and teaching skills that they need to competently teach the subject of sport in conjunction with the preparatory service. They
- acquire sports- and exercise-specific skills in selected fields of sport and exercise, enabling them to perform exercises to the required standard and teach others to do the same,
- have hands-on specialist knowledge that enables them to teach and reflect exercise learning situations and also enables them to justify the practicing and application of sports and exercise skills from a scientific sports perspective,
- are able to encourage confident and socially responsible actions with regard to exercise, games, and sport, particularly through independence, initiative, situation assessment, and team work, as well as communicating and explaining things well,
- have sound knowledge of methods in the field of sports science,
- have an understanding and awareness of problems, topics and theories of social and educational research approaches in sports science,
- are familiar with the approaches used in the teaching and research of exercise and in training science, and they are able to apply these with regard to the teaching and learning of exercise in a school environment, especially when diagnosing and promoting the development of exercise,
- recognize their future profession in its biographical and social context,
- understand preventative, social-political and integration-related aspects that are relevant for health, and they are able to apply these during lessons,
- know different methods of analysis, planning, and organization, and are able to apply them,
- have gained initial experiences in the competence-oriented planning and execution of sport lessons and sport at school, as well as exercise-oriented structures at school, and are familiar with the basic principles of assessing and evaluating performance in the subject.
The International Office offers counselling for international students about the application process and general information.
The Academic Advisory Office offers specific information on the subject (List available in German only).
The Student representatives give information from a student perspective (List available in German only).